Shopping Made Easy! - here

Use the Search Blog field located at the upper left to find information on topics of value that may interest you.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Prevent Heart Disease With Vitamin C

By Al Sears, MD

I was out getting groceries when a woman I had never seen before called out to me, "Dr. Sears, can I ask you a question?" Turns out, she had read a couple of my books and recognized me from my picture. Whenever this happens, I feel a bit embarrassed, but try to be helpful. After all, I have worked hard to get my message out ... and here's a person who's paying attention.

Her question? "My mother had three strokes. Can you tell me how to prevent that from happening to me?"

When I asked her how much vitamin C she takes, she said, "I don't have a cold. I'm worried about heart disease." Yet, vitamin C plays a primary role in preventing heart attacks and strokes.

You can use vitamin C therapy to break open existing clogged arteries and repair lifelong damage to artery, vein, and capillary walls. Vitamin C increases the production of collagen, elastin, and other "reinforcement molecules" that support your blood vessels in the same way that iron rods support tall buildings. More collagen means more stability for your 60,000-mile-long circulatory system.

When you lack Vitamin C, cracks and lesions form in the walls of your blood vessels. When blood vessels break down, arterial plaques fortify the weakness and "repair" the damage. But when these arterial plaques become too thick, they block the flow of blood. A lack of blood to the heart triggers a heart attack - and a lack of blood to the brain causes a stroke.

The government's recommended daily intake of 75 to 120 mg of vitamin C is clearly not enough. To reverse heart disease, I recommend increasing your daily intake to 3,000 mg. Pregnant women should get at least 6,000 mg per day, and in times of stress or sickness, you can take up to 20,000 mg. A powdered form may be more convenient for larger doses. Just dissolve it in water and drink it down. __________________________________________________  
This article appears courtesy of Early to Rise [Issue #1913, 12-15-06], the Internet's most popular health, wealth, and success e-zine. For a complimentary subscription, visit http://www.earlytorise.com/.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home