Shopping Made Easy! - here

Use the Search Blog field located at the upper left to find information on topics of value that may interest you.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

It’s All About Quality Not Quantity

By Rick Pendergraft
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/rick-pendergraft/a/506/805 I recently [in 2008] attended an investment conference in California, and it seems I always come back from these things with new ideas to share with you. At this particular event, one of the questions I kept getting was “How often do you trade?”
I have fielded this question many times in the past, and I used to give a numerical average as an answer. But this time, I didn’t feel like giving the same old answer. What I said was “I trade as often as the market tells me to.”
Now this may sound like a smart-ass answer, but it is the truth. I don’t set minimum trade goals for myself.
Trading is about making money, not trades. So don’t get caught up in making X number of trades. If there has ever been a business where quality rules over quantity, trading would be it.
If you are just starting out as a trader, don’t worry about how many trades you make. Worry about the quality of the trades you make. And when you lose on a trade, learn something from it and move on.
[Ed. Note: The number of trades you make doesn’t matter as long as the trades you do make are smart.]
__________________________________________________
This article appears courtesy of Early to Rise [Issue #2386, 06-19-08], the Internet's most popular health, wealth, and success e-zine. For a complimentary subscription, visit http://www.earlytorise.com/.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home