Shopping Made Easy! - here

Use the Search Blog field located at the upper left to find information on topics of value that may interest you.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

How to Get an Interview With a Celebrity

By MaryEllen Tribby
http://www.amazon.com/MaryEllen-Tribby/e/B002BLNEFO/tosf02-20
You see someone you really admire - a top business exec who could become your mentor, a competitor who could help you learn the secrets of your industry, or a celebrity who could share valuable information with readers of your e-zine. But you don’t approach her, because she’s too famous or well-respected or intimidating. And, just like that, a big opportunity walks away from you.
It doesn’t have to happen.
When I saw Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, at the World Money Show in Orlando [February 7-10, 2007], I knew I had to meet him. He had spoken at the New Orleans Investment Conference last November [2006] and was the keynote speaker at the Orlando show - and both appearances had caused a real buzz among audience members. If I could get an interview with him, I could share his Macro Economic opinion - and how it applies to investing - with readers of Investor’s Daily Edge.
I got that interview - and I got it just by marching up to Mr. Gingrich, shaking his hand, and requesting it.
Now, this was not the first time my bold approach proved to be advantageous. When I was in college, studying theater in New York City, I discovered that my acting hero, Dustin Hoffman, was appearing on Broadway in one on my favorite plays, Death of a Salesman. I managed to acquire one ticket for a Sunday matinee, and was determined to make the most of it.
Before the show, I sent Mr. Hoffman a single red rose with a note explaining my love for the theater and saying what an honor it would be to meet and interview him after the performance. I’d told my friends about my plan, and they all sneered. An actor of Dustin Hoffman’s caliber would never meet with a college kid!
They were wrong. After the show, I knocked on the stage door and said, "Hi, I’m MaryEllen and I believe Mr. Hoffman is expecting me." The stagehand called down to the green room and, moments later, I was face to face with my idol. He took my hand and spent 20 minutes telling me how he broke into the business … all while hordes of celebrities were waiting to speak with him.
People are always surprised when they hear how I got interviews with people like Mr. Hoffman and Mr. Gingrich. But I figure, why wouldn’t they want to speak with me? Even a celebrity puts his pants on one leg at a time.
The next time you want to approach someone "unapproachable"… just walk up and say "Hello."
__________________________________________________
This article appears courtesy of Early to Rise [Issue #1994, 03-20-07], the Internet's most popular health, wealth, and success e-zine. For a complimentary subscription, visit http://www.earlytorise.com/.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home